Our History is His Story
We are believing God for great things in the future because we have seen what He has done in the past.
Glad Tidings has been a part of the Burlington community for over 60 years!
We first started meeting at the Trefoil Lodge which was a small local community centre, used by various clubs around town. Trefoil Lodge was built by volunteers as a headquarters for the Local Girl Guide Association in the summer of 1951. Members of the PAOC churches in Hamilton and Oakville released families to come together and start holding services for Burlington Families here.
Faith Gospel Church
We transitioned to the small home and converted it be used as a church for our services where we held Sunday School at 9:45am, Worship Service at 11:00am and a evening service at 7:00pm.
Glad Tidings Assemby
We built our first chapel on Mountainside Drive, which was once the "north end of town". We were a growing family and we continued to desire God's vision for our town.
Glad Tidings Church, Guelph Ln.
We built our current building on Guelph Line, which brought us closer to the core community of the future and placed Glad Tidings at the heart of the residential development we were seeing during those years.
Glad Tidings Church, Aldershot
We launched our second site to reach out to the community of Aldershot, embedded in one of Burlington's most established areas.